See below ANARE lodge visitor Information to make your stay as comfortable as possible.
Staying in ANARE Lodge, Mt Baw Baw in winter is an ideal place for beginner ski or snowboarders and is great for all levels of cross country skiing and snowshoing. There is easy access to the Mt Baw Baw plateau.
In summer ANARE lodge is ideal for bush walking, mountain biking, wildflowers, a base for Gippsland touring or a cool break from the heat. It’s a great place to stay all seasons with friends or family.
- If you are a member of The ANARE Club you stay at the ski club at member visitor rates – Contact Us
- General public accommodation bookings are welcome, check booking calendar to make an on-line booking or Contact Us
- Resort Wi-Fi – Free WIFI is found throughout the Village. Signal is found in the The Alpine Hotel, Village Central, Village Central Restaurant, Skiosk, The Village Rental Store. Please visit Guest Services for an access code. More information on mountain facilities.
- Bookings have exclusive use of the whole lodge. Ideal for extended family, social or event groups, the Lodge is a 3 level A-frame building located in the heart of Baw Baw village.
- ANARE Lodge is located approximately 50m from the day car park and a short walk to ski hire facilities, village restaurant and the Alpine Hotel. (See Village Map)
About ANARE Ski Lodge
Detailed ANARE visitor information – The lodge is fully self contained and sleeps 14 people. Two bathrooms (with shower and toilet) and separate toilet and a drying room are located on the lower level. Double kitchen with microwave and 2 conventional gas ovens, lounge with comfortable couches, reading area, books and games, day beds and a gas fire are located on the middle level. Bedrooms separated into three sections by curtains (sleeps 4 in each) on the top level. 2 doubles at each end and 4 singles in the middle section.
A child safe gate is provided for the stairs. The northern rear balcony has a BBQ and overlooks snow gums, the toboggan park and Champagne ski run. The front balcony has stunning views over the Latrobe Valley.
Checking Accommodation Availability.
To check on accommodation availability select the booking calendar.
Operating the lodge after arrival.
What to Bring:
The lodge has a fully equipped double kitchen with gas cooktops, ovens and a microwave oven, toaster, jug and sandwich press, ample cooking utensils, crockery and cutlery, fridge and freezer. Non perishable pantry provisions such as dishwashing detergent, toilet paper and hand sanitiser are provided. Food storage containers are also provided.
Bring the following basics:
- Bring your own bedding or hire from guest services – single or double sheets or sleeping sheets as a mattress cover, doonas or sleeping bags and pillows with pillow case. (Covered mattresses only are provided due to Covid 19),
- Bath towel & toiletries.
- Food for your stay and tea towels for drying dishes.
- Sensible warm appropriate clothing.
- Slippers for inside
- Portable cot if required – can be located in the central upstairs sleeping area.
Getting to ANARE Lodge.
Visit West Gippsland – Mt Baw Baw is reached a number of ways (see map below). Each provides different scenic vistas, make a loop to maximise the sceninic experience. Visit historic Walhalla, Thompson Dam, Erica, Yarragon and Noojee to soak up the local culture and history.
Link to Travelling by car Guide
Activities while Staying at ANARE Ski Lodge.
Useful links to sites that will help plan your activities on the mountain.
- Know your Alpine Weather
- Baw Baw National Park
- Mt Baw Baw Alpine Resort
- Destination Gippsland
- Visit Baw Baw shire – tourist information
On-line ANARE Ski lodge accommodation bookings and information.
Phone lodge accommodation bookings -03 51651136 or
Information for Visitors to the Lodge.